TERMS & CONDITIONS
Our terms and conditions, policies and other points are for the benefit of our guests and our smooth operations. Our long time experience in the hospitality sector has guided us formulate these policies. As and when new issues erupt, we keep updating our policy for smooth operations. We understand that our policies are fair to all the stakeholders. We are not liable for any third party, website/agent information or their terms & conditions. Please contact us for any clarity you may require.
- Booking of accommodation / package / excursion / service shall be confirmed only on deposit of 100% advance amount before check-in (refer Cancellation & Refund Policy).
- Check-in time at OmBodhi Retreat is at 02:00 pm and Check-out time is at 12:00 pm sharp.
- Prices are subject to GST (Good & Services Tax) charged and shall change as per the relevant Govt. norms.
- Please carry your booking confirmation along with you at the time of check-in.
- To make a booking we require correct address, active phone number and email of the guests.
- As per the government regulations, at the time of check-in, we require all our guests to furnish their correct and latest details.
- All guests and persons accompanying them are required to provide their valid personal identity that displays their photo along with their address. We require holder’s signatures also on their identity document.
- For Foreign guests: The accepted documents are valid Passport and valid Visa.
- For Indian guests: The accepted documents include valid Driving license, Passport, Aadhaar card, Voter’s ID card. Please note that any identity card that does not display the guest’s photo along with the address will not be accepted as a valid identity card, eg. PAN card.
- Prices may change during the festive seasons like Christmas & New Year period (21st December till 5th January) and any other festive season. They may also change during weekends, long weekends and holidays. Once we receive the deposit of 100% advance, the price will not change for you.
- For Guaranteed “early check-in and/or late check-out”,please add an extra night during booking your room i.e. for guaranteed early check-in, add an extra night the previous day and for guaranteed late check-out, add an extra night the following day. For any clarity, kindly contact us for the same.
- Any request to extend your stay need to be made at the reception at least 24 hours in advance of the original check-out time. Your extension of stay is subjected to availability of the accommodation in the category you require or else we shall guide you accordingly.
- In case of change of date, the existing booking has to be cancelled first. Booking of rooms on new dates will be subject to availability and price at that point in time. Cancellation & administrative charges may apply.
- We may pre-authorise the credit/debit card prior to the arrival of the guest.
- Alternatively, we may also pre-authorise your credit/debit card or take security deposit during check-in, which shall be returned or adjusted during check-out.
- Any request to extend your stay need to be made at the reception at least 24 hours in advance of the original check-out time. Your extension of stay is subjected to availability of the accommodation in the category you require, price at that point in time or else we shall guide you accordingly.
- In case of any ‘pay@hotel’ bookings facilitated by any third party website/agent, or any direct bookings, the confirmation will only be after deposit of 100% advance in our account. Once we see the booking, we have a right to contact the guests for advance payment. If advance payment is not received in our account, we have a right to cancel the booking without further notice.
- In case we do not receive the 100% advance payment of any ‘pay@hotel’ bookings facilitated by any third party website/agent, or any direct bookings, check-in would be subject to room availability at the time of arrival and our terms and conditions. We shall be not responsible if the rooms are not available when such guests arrive. For guaranteed booking in such cases, please contact OmBodhi and make 100% advance deposit (refer Cancellation & Refund Policy). Such ‘pay@hotel’ bookings are usually through third party websites/agents and OmBodhi Retreat is not responsible for such bookings and understanding between the third party website/agent and the guest.
- Please let us know in advance about your approximate arrival time at OmBodhi Retreat and also whether you would have any meal upon arrival. If your arrival is later than 10:00 pm, we may not be able to serve you meals.
- Please let us know in advance if you plan to check-in later than 11:00 pm and/or check-out earlier than 6:30 am.
Children, Extra Bed, Dormitory Bed Policy (folding cot/mattress)
- Accommodation per unit is meant for maximum of 2 persons unless the following conditions are met:
- All children under 5 years: Only the Accommodation is free of cost. Anything extra, including food and services will be at an extra cost. (no extra bed provided)
- All children 5+ and under 12 years: 20% of the cost of accommodation only. Anything extra, including food and services will be at an extra cost. Extra bedding (folding cot/mattress) is provided.
- Children over 12 years & Adults: 30% of the cost of the accommodation only. Anything extra, including food and services will be at an extra cost. Extra bedding (folding cot/mattress) is provided.
- Maximum extra bedding (folding cot/mattress) provided in a room is one (01).
- The dormitory bed/s booked by guests may be adjusted in such a manner by us that one of the two dormitories get filled up first before the second one. This is for the convenience of the bulk bookers.
- Any supplement and extra services will be at an extra cost and required to be paid during your stay.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
(it may be different on the booking portals, please check)
- To confirm your booking, we require an advance of 100% amount at least one month before check-in.
- If the booking is cancelled 15 days before check-in time – you will get 100% refund.
- If the booking is cancelled between 15 days till check-in time or if there is No-Show – you will get no refund.
- If the confirmed guest does not turn up on the check-in date, the room/s shall be kept reserved for that guest till the check-out time of the following day. The guests must inform us if there is any delay from their side in reaching our property, otherwise we may release the room.
- If the accommodation / package / excursion / service is canceled by OmBodhi Retreat due to any unavoidable circumstances, then 100% deposit of accommodation / package / excursion cost will be refunded.
- The cancellation amount will be known at the time of cancellation only. Any transaction or administrative charges in the process of cancellation/refund will be borne by the guest and adjusted with the refund amount.
- The applicable refund will be returned to the guest in the bank account.
Please Note: During the Monsoon Season (usually June to September), all the verandas/balconies and the restaurant (partly or fully) remain covered by locally made screens to protect these structures from lashing rainfall and high velocity coastal winds laden with salty moisture. In addition, we do not provide beach recliners/beds, hammocks and few other facilities that get hampered during the monsoon season. Our Monsoon Season rates have taken these factors into consideration.
- At OmBodhi Retreat, we do not discriminate our guests based on gender, religion, culture, colour, caste, creed, ethnicity, race, region, language, nationality or place of birth.
- Request for free early check-in and/or late check-out is subject to OmBodhi decision, season and availability of the rooms. Even if you have been allowed for a limited time to stay for free after your check-out time or before your check-in time (in a different category room), you may still be asked to vacate the room if there is a sudden arrival of a confirmed guest or walk-in guest to book a room.
- Guests may be required to pay the full room rate if they wish to check-in/check-out more than 5 hours before/after the check-in/check-out time, provided accommodation is available. Management decision will be final.
- For security reasons, we will not change or transfer the name of the booked guest to another name at the time of check-in. Check-in must be done by the person whose name appears in the confirmation voucher. If not, then check-in cannot happen and we will cancel/No-Show the booking and no refund will be given.
- It is unlikely that from our side we would modify or cancel your booking once it is confirmed by us. If we do have to make such a modification/cancellation due to any unavoidable circumstances, we will inform you as soon as possible. In such a rare instance, if you do not give your consent for modification of your booking and want it to be cancelled by us, you will receive the full refund of advance paid. No further compensation will be payable in such an event.
- We will not be responsible for any booking/confirmation from any third party, which is not under our direct control or knowledge. No refund or compensation will be payable in such cases from our side.
- Prices/packages, if any, on our website are subject to change without prior notice. While we make every effort to provide the most accurate and up-to-date information, however occasionally, there may be a technical, unintentional or clerical error in our website and may contain inaccurate information (e.g. price, amenities, description or availability, etc.
- We reserve the right to make changes that are not significant and to correct errors in your booking details at any time without being liable to anyone.
- Food/accommodation/packages/services once confirmed by the guest/group, verbally or in written, will not be changed or adjusted. There will be no refund/transfer/ sharing/adjustment of food/accommodation/packages/ services that are not taken, left unutilised or partly utilized by the guest/group for any reason or due to any other unavoidable circumstances. If there is any balance amount, the same will be charged from the guest/group.
- It is our constant endeavor to ensure the safety and security of our guests during their stay with us, especially children and females. We remain ever vigilant to ensure the safety, security, peace and comfort of our guests.
- Main Gate will be closed at 9:00 pm. You may contact the front office if you require any assistance.
- Beach Gate will be closed at 10:00 pm. This is for the safety and security of our guests, and as per the instructions from the local police. You may contact the front office for any assistance or clarity.
- Access to the beach from our property and entry to our property from the beach is only through the beach gate. Kindly do not climb over the beach gate. Kindly do not climb over the beach gate, break it open or use any other stunt to go to the beach from our property or enter our property from the beach. If this clause is flouted, then in addition to the damages, we may also ask the concerned guests to leave our premises immediately without any refund.
- For your safety, please do not sleep at night in the open areas within the property or on the beach.
- OmBodhi Retreat is a beach-front property. Children are not allowed on the beach unless accompanied by parents/guardians/adults. Guests including parents/guardians/adults accompanying the children/minors must bear the entire responsibility of themselves and towards the children/minors accompanying them including their safety and security in and outside OmBodhi Retreat premises including the beach. Guests are advised not venture out on the beach after dark. PLEASE NOTE THAT THE SEA CAN BEHAVE IN AN UNPREDICTABLE MANNER, HENCE STAY IN SAFE AREAS. We will not be responsible for any accident, mishap or untoward incident that may happen including marine life attack.
- Life jackets are available for use at the front office for free. Kindly take care of life jackets and do not mishandle them. Do not sit or lie over them and do not take away the whistles.
- Before going to the beach, please leave your room key at the front office, to prevent from losing it.
- Kindly keep wearing your footwear all the time in our property, beach and the sea.
- Please keep yourself and children safe from any garbage, metal, broken glasses, filth, etc. on the beach or in the sea.
- Take care of your items and valuables on the beach. Beach dogs may have tendency to carry away your items.
- Do not touch dogs/cats or any other animal. We will not be responsible for any harm that may happen.
- Guests are requested not to camp, pitch tents, light bonfire or do self cooking on the beach or in our premises.
- Guests are urged to respect the local sensitivities while they are on the beach and cover the body appropriately. Nudity and sexual intimacy is not considered appropriate on our beach and premises.
- Guests are requested to help us keep the beach clean. Please do not dirty the beach by leaving behind filth, garbage, bottles, leftover food items etc.
- During check-in, we request our guests to kindly declare their valuable items for our records like jewelry, expensive gadgets, etc. In any case, we will not be responsible for any loss or damage.
- We reserve the Right of Admission and Right of Refusal in our premises. This would be at the sole discretion of the management.
- For the safety of our guests, non-resident/unauthorised persons are not allowed to stay/visit in the guest rooms. The resident guests must inform us if they expect any person coming to visit them. The visiting guests have to furnish their valid personal identity that displays their photo along with the address. We require a photocopy of their identity cards along with their signatures. The resident guests are fully responsible for the behavior and conduct of their visiting guests. Management reserves the right to take an appropriate decision/action in the cases of misconduct.
- If required, we may have to frisk the guests/visitors and check their baggage for security reasons. If that happens, kindly bear with us and cooperate.
- We do not allow pets belonging to our guests in our premises without permission. If permission is granted, then OmBodhi Retreat’s pet policy will be applicable. Decision of the management in this regard will be final and binding.
- Drivers/Maids/Helpers: We do not have a separate facility to accommodate drivers/maids/helpers who accompany the guests. They may use our staff toilet/bathroom for free. If a bed/mattress/room is provided to them, then appropriate amount will be charged from the concerned guests. For meals, they will be charged menu rates. We also reserve the right not to allow them to stay in our premises or to use our staff facilities. Kindly instruct them appropriately and contact the front office for further clarity.
- Guests are also requested to strictly instruct their drivers/maids/helpers etc not to venture around the cottages, restaurant, beach area. Kindly also instruct them not to use guest facilities like hammocks, beach recliners, beach toilets, showers, etc. They are not supposed to throw garbage in the open or loiter around the property but restrict themselves to parking area. Concerned guests will be fully responsible for their behavior and conduct.
- We serve fresh meals to our guests. If the resident guests are few, we request them to order their meals minimum 3-4 hours in advance so that there is enough time to procure fresh items from the market. Some items may depend on the availability also. Kindly cooperate.
- We do not provide room service and beach service. Kindly bear with us.
- Housekeeping is on request only. Timings are from 11:00 am – 05:00 pm, barring meal times. We request our guests to continue to use the linen and towels for minimum three days. This does not mean that we would not change them on request. Kindly contact the front office if you require any assistance. Your presence is required while housekeeping is happening in your room.
- Towels and Linen are meant for the room only; please do not take them away from the room including the beach.
- Guests are requested not to wash their clothes in the bathroom.
- Kindly close the taps and electrical switches when not in use.
- To avoid sand in the rooms, kindly wash your feet at the beach bathroom or the sand-wash tap provided outside the cottage.
- Restaurant/Café is opened from 7:30 am – 10:30 pm. (Last order is at 09:30 pm). Restaurant closes at 10:30 pm sharp. Kindly adhere to the timing in order to clear the tables of soiled dishes within time.
- To avoid disappointment, kindly adhere to meals and snacks timings. Contact the front office for more clarity.
- No restaurant service will be provided to guests before 7:30 am and after 10:30 pm. If the guests wish to consume food till late, then they are requested to keep the soiled dishes at a designated place as requested by our staff.
- We encourage our guests to use packaged bottled water to drink. Filter water from our kitchen may be provided only on availability.
- To avoid ants, etc., do not eat inside the room/cottage.
- Eatables from Restaurant/Café are not permitted inside the room by guests.
- Do not throw eatables, bones, cans, bottles, cigarette butts, garbage, etc. on the ground in our premises and the beach. Kindly use garbage bins.
- All our rooms/cottages and restaurant are No Smoking zones.
- Do not consume, sell or entice others to use illegal drugs or narcotics in our premises or on the beach. If found, we reserve the right to ask the guest to leave our premises immediately. No refund will be given in such cases.
- Hookah, if any, must be kept on the ground only and not on the table, chair, etc.
- We do not sell or serve alcohol in our premises. Kindly do not drink alcohol inside our restaurant or rooms.
- We do not encourage anyone in inebriated state in our premises.
- We do not allow our refrigerators, kitchen, etc. to be used by guests to keep their items unless they are for emergency purpose.
- Please help us keep our premises clean of excess garbage and carry away all your bottles, cans, plastics, etc. from our premises.
- Guests are requested not to enter the kitchen or interact with the cooks while they are cooking. They are also requested not to enter the private and no-entry area.
- We strictly bar solicitation in our premises. Guests are not supposed to engage in any kind of illegal, unethical or immoral activities in our premises. Gambling or any kind of betting is not allowed in our premises. If found, we reserve the right to ask the guest to leave our premises immediately and/or inform the Govt. authorities. No refund will be given in such cases.
- To maintain the quiet and peaceful ambiance of our premises, we request our guests to avoid loud music, noise, honking, shouting or any other kind of disturbance that might disturb the stay of other guests and the peaceful ambiance of our place.
- Guests are requested not to ask our staff to bring outside items for them. They are further requested not ask our staff for their vehicles or ask them to clean or wash their (guest) vehicles.
- Since our retreat is situated in the midst of semi- wilderness, and despite our best efforts, there is a possibility that unwanted guests (ants, insects, etc) may find their way inside the cottage. Kindly bear with us or inform us if you get bothered.
- Kindly do not shift beach recliners/beds and do not take chairs and tables on the beach.
- Bonfire is usually allowed in designated areas in our premises and it may be on payment basis. Please use the wood provided for the bonfire only and not any other wood lying in the property. Please contact the front office. For safety reasons, fire and ambers must be doused before retiring. OmBodhi staff will guide you how to douse the bonfire. They may not be available after 11:00 pm. Kindly cooperate with our staff. Management decision regarding the bonfire will be final.
- For security and other reasons, accommodation may be denied to persons or couples residing in nearby areas.
- We cannot provide accommodation to the guests if they do not furnish and /or let us make copy of their valid identity documents during check-in. The same shall also be applicable in case incorrect information is provided in the reservation form or during furnishing details in our register. In such a case, check-in cannot happen and we will cancel/No-Show the booking and no refund will be given.
- To maintain the sanctity of our premises and for the safety and security of our guests and staff, we may cancel the booking, deny entry during check-in or ask the resident guest/s creating nuisance or indulged in misconduct to immediately leave our premises after paying all the outstanding amount. There will be no refund. If the booking is made through some third party/agent, we may inform them also.
- Rates of flights/trains or any other transport, if mentioned, is the best available rate at the time of preparing the package. It may change by the time actual booking/confirmation is done as per the changed rates.
- Please note that we cannot guarantee the category of room, location of room etc, simply because it is mentioned in the website. It can only be booked & confirmed upon availability and payment.
- We may offer laundry and ironing service at OmBodhi Retreat on payment. Kindly check your clothes before giving for laundry. We shall not be responsible for any damage.
- Some services are upon request, availability and on payment. Kindly confirm if in any doubt.
- Free parking is available at the designated area within our premises. Please do not park your vehicles other than the designated area. We are not responsible for any damage or loss of valuables left in the vehicles. Please refrain from honking.
- Guests are requested not to damage anything that is part of our property and inventory. Please take special care of room inventory including linen, towels, curtains, keys, locks, and other items. Depending on the extent of loss or damage, charges may be levied.
- Please hand over the room keys at the reception while you are checking-out.
- Travel documents, money and other valuables are sole responsibility of the guests.
- The inclusion of any other website link on our website does not imply any sort of recommendation or endorsement of any service or product. We take no responsibility for it and will not be liable for the website being temporary unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
- We will not be responsible for any service that does not fall directly under our authority or control.
- In case of any rescue or evacuation of the guest/s for any reason, the entire cost and risk shall be borne by the concerned guest/s.
- All the distances/hours, if shown, are approximate.
- Any package/excursion once finalized and commenced will be strictly followed. In case of events and circumstances beyond our control we reserve the right to change the entire package/excursion or part of it, for the safety and well-being of our esteemed guests.
- Vehicle will not be available after the sightseeing/transfer is over, unless specified.
- Depending on the road condition, the drive may be slow and bumpy at some points; hence may take more time to reach the destination.
- The remote areas have limited and basic infrastructures like restaurants, toilets, good roads and other facilities. Kindly cooperate.
- We are located in a rural area and people may not be used to the needs of the tourists and foreign nationals. Kindly be patient with the local services.
- While we do our best to adhere to the services, but traveling in India, especially remote or rural areas, may require some flexibility, and some changes may occur. Kindly bear with us.
- Owning to religious sentiments, some temples may not allow foreign nationals to enter inside or into the sanctum. Kindly do not feel offended.
- Please note that we are not responsible for any shopping related issue that you may have.
- To avoid inconvenience, kindly avoid photography at the military or strategic installations like bridges, airports, places where women are bathing, death ceremony, certain areas inside the temples etc. If in doubt kindly ask your guide/escort or an authorized person.
- India is a blend of traditional & modern values. Kindly be sensitive to the local culture and etiquette. If in doubt, kindly ask your guide/escort or an authorized person.
Considering your concerns related to Covid-19 virus and the safety measures taken by us, you may rest assured that it will be safe for you to stay with us. Keeping things safe and hygienic is our utmost priority We follow the necessary Covid-19 protocols and take precautions under our control to minimise the impact of Covid-19 virus.
We take the following precautions:
Staff: Wears masks, gloves during serving and clean their hands regularly. Guests: Temperature check during check-in. Spraying the guest luggage with Govt approved Sodium hypochlorite solution. Guests fill the declaration form.
Sanitising: Govt approved Sodium hypochlorite solution is sprayed in the common areas. After the regular cleaning of the rooms, bathrooms and verandas, we spray necessary places with Sodium hypochlorite solution to sanitise it further. Eating tables are sprayed with disinfectant (Dettol/Savlon or similar solution) before and after the meals. For vegetables and fruits we use ITC’s eco-friendly and safe ‘Nim Wash” solution. Hand wash facilities are at the entrance of the reception and keys are sanitised before handing over to the guests. Face masks and gloves are also available for our guests.
- We respect your right to privacy. Any personal information that you share with us, like your name, date of birth, address, marital status, telephone number, credit card particulars, etc shall be entitled to privacy and kept confidential. The data input provided by our esteemed guests will not be shared to any agency.
- We assure you that your personal information shall not be permitted to be disclosed/shared with anyone except, if required, to be disclosed under the due process of law. We may use some photos in our website and social media where guests could be visible and may occasionally communicate with our guests regarding our offers.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding your privacy issues, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Limitation of Liability
- OmBodhi Retreat, its employees, agents, contractors, suppliers, associates, consultants, management and directors are not liable to any claim arising due to your participation in the services provided by us and related activities conducted therein, which may cause any illness, physical, mental injury, trauma, death due to any accident, loss or damage to your belongings resulting directly or indirectly from any occurrences beyond our control including breakdown of equipment, strikes, fire, theft, delays, medical or customs regulations, cancellation, changes in food & accommodation, itinerary, destinations, sightseeing, activities or schedules, etc, caused by the act or default of the management or employees of any hotelier, airline, shipping company, supplier, agent, transporter, vehicle owner, driver who are the company’s independent suppliers and contractors arising outside the company’s normal selection and inspection process.
- OmBodhi Retreat acts as provider of food & accommodation only at OmBodhi Retreat. During any transfer/excursion/tour, we may act as coordinator for persons taking those transfers/excursions/tours, in making arrangements for transportation, sightseeing, activities, food and accommodation (which may fall outside the premises of OmBodhi Retreat). Except for the facilities provided at OmBodhi Retreat, we do not own, manage, control or operate any transportation vehicle, any accommodation including other hotels, houseboats, campsites, restaurant or any other supplier of services. All coupons, receipts and tickets are issued subject to the terms and conditions specified by the supplier and all services are subject to the laws as an agent for the owners contractors and suppliers of transportation and/or other related travel services provided and assumes no responsibility for the loss or damage to baggage, its contents or property, no responsibility for any injury, illness or death, no responsibility for any damages or claims howsoever caused arising directly or indirectly from accidents, loss, or damage to person or property, no responsibility for delays, transport failures, strikes, wars and uprisings or acts of God, etc over which we have no control.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India. Any dispute arising under these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Karnataka, India.
- We insist that you read all the terms and conditions regarding your participation in the food & accommodation, various packages, excursions/tour, transfers and all activities, services related to it and contact us for any further information and/or clarification.
- These term and conditions are final. The copy of the same is also available in your room, if not, you may ask for it from the front office. We further believe that you have read the terms and conditions on our website https://www.OmBodhiRetreat.com. There may be a minor variation there owing to some delay in updating or technical error.
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
All bookings are subject to terms and conditions, policies and other information. They are deemed to have been understood, accepted and is binding in full on the guest and all persons in the party during room booking, lodging & boarding, packages, excursions, transfers and other services provided by OmBodhi Retreat or on behalf of OmBodhi Retreat. Part or full payment for accommodation / package / excursion / transfer / other services also indicates acceptance of these Terms and Conditions by the guest and all persons in the party.